Sue Knits

Adventures in knitting and other things

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

New Beautiful Mittens Begun

Isn't it lovely? :)
The color actually showed up pretty well in this picture, even though the flash messed the wood all up. It's cool eggplant/purple/other colors variegated. I've had almost a whole week and this is all I've gotten done, kind of pathetic but in my defense I had to do a lot of swatching to figure out my guage (turns out I need to use size 3 where the pattern suggests 7 - suspicious? I think so...) and I've been crazy busy with last minute trip stuff.

Once again I should let you know I will not be at knitting this week - but I will next week, I'm sure I'll need a dose of sanity with only two days left before I go at that point! Speaking of which, any good plane knitting ideas? I might bring the mittens, since I'm positive they won't be finished by then, though I don't know what TSA thinks of size 3 metal double-points...

3 Comments:

Blogger knitnzu said...

ha! (about Joseph)... At Easter time the nuns/teachers were talking about scheduling Stations of the Cross into class, meaning we walked over to the church for mass. "What are Stations?" "We reenact Jesus' trip to Calvary." I was dumfounded and with a shocked look asked "just who is going to lug the cross?". "Ummm...we just visit the plaques and remember each station". Ohhhhhh. You should check international flight regulations about knitting needles. Some of the LYS customers said they could NOT bring any kind of needles on international flights. Or was it just metal and only Great Britain? Check! I think nationally it is rather arbitrary. Only months after 9-11 Nick and I flew and I had 14 inch metal needles! Was it the kid that made them think I wasn't a threat? So do you have a crock pot cookbook? Or do you wing it? We have a new one, mostly I've done meat things...the meat is very tender but the veggies are kind of gray and not as crisp as I like.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second knitnzu's comments about airlines and knitting needles. The Yarn Harlot would always recommend socks, of course - and I'm imagining that bamboos would be less of an issue than metal dpns.

Your food looks fantastic! I have never ventured into crockpot cooking, even when our kitchen was under construction. How did your vegetarian Russian recipe go, btw?

7:11 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that I did get the postcard you sent...it's only now posted, and if you read this, you'll know why!

Thank you!!!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home