Sue Knits

Adventures in knitting and other things

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snowy Day

Guess who doesn't have to be at work until 10 today? :)

Three things:

1, Here is the new improved string bag. A 500% improvement in the color scheme, in my opinion. Dying it was exciting! I don't have a washing machine so I had to use the "on the stove" method. I felt like Mrs. Cratchet, stirring laundry over the fire. I sacrificed a wooden spoon to the cause, and my left thumb got hit early on, but otherwise neither I nor my kitchen were blue by the time I was done. Overall a pretty successful game of How Talented is Sue.


2, Here is a bear wearing a lovely pink and purple no hair day hat (size small - but don't worry not that small, it does stretch!). Next to the bear on the couch is all that was left of the skein of fun fur when the hat was finished. I'm a fan of extreme knitting.


3, About the possum. The possum was inspired by William the Hedgehog. However I did not use thick and quick yarn, and I only used one strand of one color of fun fur, and I used smaller needles. The tail was an I-cord of my own design (ha), and the wire was an inspiration. I thought of adding a pouch and a baby or two but then I didn't.

3 Comments:

Blogger knitnzu said...

I love the bag in blue! The fur hat is great. Will you bring the possum tonight?

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - you're one of those knitters - the *creative* types! Wowee.

I love the bag! And I admire your adventuresome spirit!

I, too, would like to see the possum in person!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there - me again. Bummer about knitting night, eh? We actually passed you as you were leaving the library last night, but of course, couldn't stop anywhere nearby to flag you down. I did another couple of pass-throughs, but you were gone. :(

Hope you had a good evening anyway, and hope to see you next week!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home