Sue Knits

Adventures in knitting and other things

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Beautiful Bag

Here it is, in all its finished glory. No swirling pattern this time, oddly enough. But I did like how the stripes stayed pretty much the same almost all the way up, and then got wider near the top.

And here's a close-up of the "Turkish stitch" that's used in the main part of the bag:

The pattern came from here - I used size 10 needles instead of 13, and I'm not sure if that was enough to make it so different looking? I think I actually like mine better, though, so it's all good. Now for some warm weather so the vegetables can grow and I can buy them at a farmer's market!

This weekend's project involves fun fur. Any guesses? Hint: it's not a hedgehog, quite. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger knitnzu said...

So are you making a hat for the kids at Boston Children's?

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! So you decided not to dye it, then?

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I apologize for doubting your research - not much on Mehetabel, is there? There has *got* to be a story there somewhere!!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home