I'm blocking a scarf, I'm blocking a scarf, I'm blocking a scarf, hey hey hey hey!
It snowed a lot and I got a day off yesterday, so... lots of knitting happened. :)
Here it is in its pre-blocked state:
And close-up (and blurry - ack! sorry!):
I have never actually blocked anything before, so this is interesting to me. I'm also really happy that I finished it today - this is the fourth anniversary of my good friend Laura's death, and she'd taught me to knit the summer before. This scarf is definitely the coolest-looking thing I've ever made, so - this one's for you, Laura!
Other things I did with my snowy weekend:
- pumpkin peanut butter soup
- vacuuming - and I broke the vacuum; maybe I never have to do it again?
- tried a recipe for roasted garbanzo beans with parmesan cheese (the cheese was my very own idea - and it was really good!)
- watched The Illusionist and Rocky - I was beginning to feel like the only person on the planet who had never seen the original Rocky movie
- read several months of the I Hate to Cook Almanack by Peg Bracken (she's awesome! although you can probably guess that I do not really hate to cook)
- tomorrow I need to figure out a use for a bunch of carrots - I'm thinking muffins