Sue Knits

Adventures in knitting and other things

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Red Scarf

Here's a scarf I've started this week for a red scarf project that you can read about here. The scarves go to women who are recovering from heart troubles. Both my parents had that kind of trouble a couple of years ago, so it's a cause I care a lot about. I knitted this mostly in the car on the way to and from Massachusetts Friday and Saturday of this week - it would be about five inches longer if I hadn't taken out the first few rows a bunch of times. Hence the yellow lifeline - if I make a mistake now I would never be able to pick up the right stitches a row or two down!! This is my first real lace project - it's a knitty pattern, branching out.



Oh and about the Ebright Azimuth - the picture is really just proof that I'm a geek. It's the highest point in Delaware, at a phenomenal 447.85 feet above sea level! Upon further research, I learned that only Florida's highest point is lower.

3 Comments:

Blogger scrapandknit said...

Love the scarf! Did you wave at me when you came to MA?

Hope your week is good....I unfortunately have to go back to work. Blech!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger knitnzu said...

How do you like that scarf pattern? I have it in the back of my mind to make it in the cascade premier (cotton tencel) for a mother's day gift for dad's girlfriend. Geek? No more than most of us! Well, the most of us that I know anyhow!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, azimuth - that rings a bell now. I like your scarf! I have been thinking of "branching out" into lace someday soon - you shall have to share your horror stories...

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home