Sue Knits

Adventures in knitting and other things

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Mitten Trouble

I lost a mitten today. I have no idea how. I was definitely wearing both on my way into church, and when I put my coat on afterward (still in my pew, mind you) one of them was missing. My neighbor and I looked under, behind, and around the pew, and shook out our coats... nothing. It's gone. Today this isn't a problem, it's a beautiful 39 degrees out! But on Tuesday it's only supposed to get up to 9, and I will want two mittens.

Here's the dilemma. I don't actually like these mittens that much, and I've been meaning to make myself some new and beautiful ones. This could be looked at as a perfect excuse. I'd probably have to get new yarn for them, though. Plus, I only have two days. I can probably manage one matching mitten in that time, and I even have the yarn on hand. I think sensible Sue might win on this one. Sigh.

"Have you seen my brother?"

Oh by the way the scarf is looking great - picture of that coming later!

4 Comments:

Blogger knitnzu said...

Hey Sue! Definitely a great excuse to make yourself something you love. Can you do it by Tuesday?

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Sue -

Sorry about the mitten. I'm afraid you probably won't have time to knit adult-sized dragon mittens unless you were *really* motivated!

Hope you find a solution you're happy with!

And, as for the carrots, how about another soup?

9:07 PM  
Blogger LegalBecca said...

Thanks for the nice compliment about the wristwarmers. They were a fun and pretty quick knit. The 2X2 ribbing works out so nicely on them. I did make them a lot longer than the pattern calls for, just an FYI. I love the scarf in your previous post. Bye neighbor!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Love the Branching out Scarf. I just completed one for my Grammie's birthday and shipped it back to Island Falls (where I'm originally from) today. Hope she likes it too. I like the red scarf concept too!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home