Sue Knits

Adventures in knitting and other things

Monday, June 18, 2007

Progress!!!

Look how beautiful it is! :) :) :) I went to to Acadia this weekend with my siblings and parents and a cousin and an aunt and my grandmother, and I was not driving so I got to knit knit knit for lots of hours in the car. Perfect!


Otherwise the days are getting a little cakey. My mom and I are making wedding cakes for July 7 and for August 11. July's is actually a ton of cupcakes and just a little cake, an 8" and a 6" on top of each other. My fingernails are slightly orange from dealing with a lot of carrots haha... the August cake is the more conventional one and will seem like a break, I think. But something cool about the July one, she wants really pale green frosting with white filigree. I think it will be really cool! I love how every cake is an adventure. Much like every knitting project - hmm... I see a theme... :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

S-WEET! I must know the pattern - I must knit them!!

I should not be surprised that you are a woman of many talents. Happy cake baking and decorating! Hope to see you soon (school's out tomorrow, house closing Fri. - wow!)

7:19 PM  
Blogger knitnzu said...

Ok Ok, so I must've seen this new post, but had the one from a few back in my mind and just skimmed over it! I do have bloglines but haven't figured out how to make them work. Your glove/mitt is looking great! I think it'd be pretty cool to frost a cake with a knit theme...maybe knit something in licorice strings and press it into the frosting for the pattern? All kinds of possibilities!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home