Sue Knits

Adventures in knitting and other things

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What to send

I heard from D again this morning and he's scheduled for surgery this afternoon and probably will be again in a few days. So the answer on what to send, I think, turns out to be myself. I had tickets to go down for the last half of next week anyway, but I'm changing my departure to this Friday instead. This also means I'm going to end up missing knit night this week, but please say hi to everyone for me!

In knitting-related news, there was an article in the Bangor Daily News today about a LYS in Hancock that's all knitting dolls to send to African AIDS orphans through a nonprofit called Children Affected by HIV-AIDS. An excellent cause, and I went to the website and downloaded a pattern. They look really simple, and also excellent for stash-reduction (lots of colors, and they don't need to match). I expect I'll have lots of knitting time next week, and that seems like a good way to spend it!

D also doesn't get to argue, he's learning to play cribbage, like it or not. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger knitnzu said...

Oooh Cribbage! I used to play that! Sounds pretty scary with TWO surgeries! My boss's kid who is 10 had poison ivy that has turned to a staph infection... what's up with all of this? Yes, I think you yourself are indeed the best thing to send.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I agree that *you* are the best thing that could go, and I am glad D's learning how to play cribbage! It was part of our nightly routine pre-Natalie.

Best of luck to D this weekend - hopefully we'll see you soon!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home